Travel guide - Tarn tourism
We are ideally located between ALBI (15 min) and TOULOUSE (40 mins), in the department of Tarn in the heart of the Gaillac vineyard on the banks of the river Tarn, in the South West of Occitanie only 2 hours from the Mediterranean beaches.
Discover the must-see places to visit during your stay in the Tarn
Discover the Tarn in 360°
Charming holidays ...
Discover our most beautiful villages in France Castelnau-de-Montmiral, Puycelsi, Lautrec, Monestié and Bruniquel, Albi and its episcopal city listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Cordes sur Ciel, French favourite village in 2014.
You will also discover our gastronomical heritage visiting cellars, tasting Gaillac wines at our winegrowers', during aperitif concerts…
Try our specialities : the Croquants de Cordes with almonds, the pumpets, the apple croustade, the delicatessen of Lacaune, the melsat, the pink garlic of Lautrec and the famous cassoulet of the South-West...you will love it!
The medieval villages and bastides of the Tarn
- Gaillac and its centuries-old vineyard
- Castelnau-de-Montmiral, the impregnable fortress
- Cordes-sur-ciel, pearl of the Albigensian bastides
- Lisle-sur-Tarn, the harbour bastide, the largest arcaded square in the South-West of France
- Penne, the citadel of vertigo
- The fortress of Puycelsi
The Gaillac vineyard
The Gaillac vineyard, one of the oldest vineyards in France (the first traces of vines appeared in the 6th century BC), discover our unique terroir!
Nowadays, the designation Vin de Gaillac brings together 300 winegrowers and 2 cooperative cellars. The variety of terroirs and the old age of the vineyard provide Gaillac with many traditional grape varieties Thanks to this diversity, Gaillac offers a wide range of wines: red, rosés and sparkling, and also a wide range of white, dry, sweet and pearly wines.
We have obtained the Label Vignobles et Découvertes en 2017 and we will help you to discover during tasting sessions some wines of our partners independent winemakers from Montans such as le Domaine Carcenac and Domaine de La Croix des Marchands / Chateau Palvié.
Lots of good times to share with a glass of wine during tastings at the winegrowers', visiting cellars, discovering the grape varieties in the vineyards, but also going to Apéros Concert and to the Gaillac Wine Festival at the beginning of August.
Also in the Tarn
The medieval underground of Castela at St Sulpice la Pointe, the castle of Mauriac, the chocolate museum at Lisle sur Tarn, the Museum of Le Saut du Tarn and a multitude of dovecote across the country.
- Mazamet and its footbridge inaugurated in 2018, a vertiginous 140-metre-long aerial path that crosses the Arnette Gorges at 70 metres high.
- Sorèze and its school-abbey at the foot of the Montagne Noire.
- The land of d’Autan with Castres and its houses on the Agout river, the Sidobre, with its originally-shaped granite boulders surrounded by nature.
- The land of cocagne with its pastel called the “bleu gold”(a dyestuff plant with a yellow flower that gives exceptional shades of blue), Lavaur with its saffron, its mill and its pink garlic, Lavaur with its brick-built cathedral.
- The Tarn valley (Ambialet).
- The forests of Sivens and Grésigne for beautiful walks.